Are you looking for a senior role in Early Years?
An exciting opportunity has opened up at Woodentots Nursery.
Room Leader - Baby Unit
Position: Room Leader - The Nest
Start Date: March 2019
Qualification: Minimum Level 3 Childcare
Experience: 1+ year in a senior role
Hours: 40 per week, between 7:30am - 6:00pm
Salary: £9.50 per hour during probationary period, increasing to £10.20 after six months.
Location: HMS Collingwood, Fareham
Tel No: 01329 332532
Woodentots Nursery is currently recruiting for a Baby Room Leader to join our caring, passionate and professional team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within our newly refurbished setting that provides high quality care and education for military families.
To the Setting
• To promote the company’s values and vision ‘Inspiring Individuals to Succeed’.
• To be a professional Early Years Educator, showing enthusiasm and care.
• To be a positive role model to the children and other team members.
• To be reliable with good attendance / punctuality.
• To teach and extend children’s knowledge at every opportunity.
• To ensure that all learning journals, observations and assessments within the room are up to date.
• To work in accordance with the Ofsted regulations and EYFS Statutory Framework.
• To follow all policies and procedures, taking part in their review and implementation.
To the Children:
• To follow the safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures to keep children safe.
• To oversee the progress of all the children within the room, alongside their key person.
• To lead the transition of each child settling within the room.
• To lead the room staff team in providing an environment that is clean, tidy and organised and quality learning opportunities.
• To provide specific enhancements to support room weaknesses as identified by tracking and analysis.
• To understand and have an in-depth knowledge of child development and the EYFS.
• To provide support and refer any child who needs extra support with their development to the Senco.
• To ensure that outdoor access/play is provided daily.
• To be responsible for monitoring that staff observe, plan and assess all children’s learning and development.
• To regularly monitor and take responsibility for all children’s learning journals within the room to ensure that each child is on target, being assessed effectively and within each area of learning.
• To lead meal times, encouraging manners and healthy eating, ensuring awareness of dietary needs.
• To carry out and promote personal hygiene routines with all children in the room.
• To accurately record any incident or injury on the appropriate format and inform manager and parent.
• To follow the organisation’s equal opportunities policy.
• To plan and accompany children on outings within the establishment.
To the Staff Team:
• To support your team ensuring they are being coached, mentored and trained accordingly.
• To attend half-termly supervisions, share new ideas and professional practices.
• To attend monthly staff meetings to support the development of the setting.
• To lead nursery events to ensure full participation from the room.
• To coach, train, supervise, assess and support apprentices.
• To attend in service training and other mandatory training as requested.
To the Parents:
• To have a professional relationship with parents, working in partnership for the mutual benefit of the child.
• To provide a warm welcome for parents in the nursery.
• To report to parents daily regarding their child’s learning and development.
• To plan, prepare and participate in parent evenings.
• To follow through all questions and problems posed by parents to a conclusion.
If you are looking to work in a senior role then this position with Woodentots
Nursery could be for you! Click the APPLY button now!